Monday, December 29, 2008

Trikke vs. Psych Day 1


The life of a Trikke rider..... Today is day one of a minimum five days I plan to cleanse. I am using the traditional lemon detox method: laxative tea each evening, salt water flush in the morning, 8-8oz drinks made of real lemon juice, cayenne pepper and organic maple syrup. Plenty of water. This can be very taxing on the body. No, I'm not doing it for weight loss. Trikke handles that nicely. I'm detoxing and meditating this week. Re-setting my body and my psyche. This is the main challenge of a cleanse--can you shutter your mind away from counter productive cravings both emotionally and spiritually? Can your mind keep the body strong? Can the body keep the mind strong?


At any rate, I have heard that it's difficult to workout during cleanses. I've done this cleanse before but have always shut activities down during. This time I decided to Trikke "minimally" because I can't stay away nor do I wish to go a week or so without Trikking. There is a meditative quality to trikking. You become one with it. Your body must be in accord in order to harness the momentum that takes you into rhythmic carving. I can't see denying myself the peace it brings me, especially during this time.

I planned to Trikke 5 miles at my neighborhood half mile loop. Being this is day one I figured I should take it "easy," but I also wanted to test my body. I actually was very mentally tired at 4.5 miles but Destiny's Child "Survivor" came over my headphones and I was able to push and rev it up past the 5 and on through the 6th mile when "Sexy Back" came on. I feel fine. What I really want is to Trikke 14 miles on New Years. I hope my body and mind stay strong for that. We'll see!--Spencer Hope

No comments: