Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fort Myers Trikke Spots and one I-95 Hidden Jewel




Just got back from a quick trip from NC to Fort Myers Florida. The last time I made the trip was in November. With my “trikke eyes” on full alert I spied many glorious locations for riding. A hidden jewel popped up as we drove through Santee SC. Running adjacent to I-95 at Lake Marion is a beautiful 2 mile, over water bridge full of walkers, cyclists-- but no trikkers! This strip is a great ride challenge with flat areas and a very nice rising incline over the lake. Check the Santee Park out here!

Florida trikkers …wow. I don’t think I would ever come home at night if I had some of your paths! Fort Myers is a gorgeous city with miles and miles of peaceful, low traffic, flat sidewalks and dedicated trails that are perfect for trikking. Stayed near Sanibel Island which has 22 miles of bike paths! This is a beautiful resort area that I will return to. Another great location is the Lakes Regional Park. Very nice riding areas there without the toll bridge expense of traveling to Sanibel.

Might be back in the area in October. Will be sure to enjoy the beach and the trikking community!

No comments: