Saturday, April 11, 2009

Live blogging on American Tobacco Trail!

This is a test. I hope to do this for the century ride so I'm testing how this goes. I'll be posting from todays ride. Perhaps every few miles?


1:46. Lots of bikes out today! Took all of 2 minutes after I unpacked Trikke to get a side remark. WHY?

2:27 going! Everybody pacing. Starting to sweat. I have a serious sweat gene. Ugh

2:35. Wheeee.! Slight downhill. First of the ride. This is when you check your technique. Don't just coast! Get it right when you don't have to and then you have when you do !


2:46. LOL! biker going by said. "swing that thing!!!!"


3:01. Lost a rider in a good way. He found his distance and turned back. Knowing when to say when. Important!!! The small pack is cooking at this point

3:33. Having a coke downtown Durham across from the ballpark. Great ride. Half way point!









3:41. Waitress at mellow mushroom is kicking us off the table since we only have cokes and didn't get seated through the restaurant. Guess it's time to head back before muscles get comfy anyway.

4:27. Done and drinking recovery drink. So we ran straight from half way out to the finish. 41 minutes. So if we hadn't stopped along the way and hung out half way I suppose we could have done it in 1 hour 20 or so?

-- Posted from my iPhone on the go. www.CapitalTrikke.com


5:33 Ok. Back home in front of imac. Live blogging experiment went well. I have to learn how to get more pictures in from the iphone app but I'll get it. This will be a good way to keep everyone in the loop during the century ride. Should go well. As to our ride today, we really had a good ride. I feel I rode at a good clip for me. Rode the T12 comfortably. Nice training and endurance ride. Experiment closed!

No comments: